Wednesday 3 July 2013

OLD BLOG- Product Review: St.Ives Apricot Scrub - 2-8th July Skin care week

Hi everyone welcome to LipGloss & CandyFloss for skin care week!

Today is the first review for skin care week here on the blog: St.Ives apricot scrub.
I have chosen to review this product first, because it's important to have fresh and clean skin before you use other skin care products or before you start applying your make up.

I have teenage skin, but it's improving, my skin type is oily skin with spots and some blackheads around my T zone. For years, I have been  looking and trying for new products to help me control the oil and my spots. I can honesty say that I've found the product which i'v been hoping for! I have used facial washes, face masks and lots of others, trying to find the perfect face wash for my skin. I've found it!

I was shopping in Superdrug about two months ago, at this time I had already used St.Ives refreshing facial cleansing wipes and loved them (You'll find out all about them in my review tomorrow) so when I seen that St.Ives had a scrub I wanted to try it out!



I can't remember how much I paid but I've been getting information about the price online; prices below.

Tesco= £3
Superdrug= was £3.99 now £3
Boots= £4.29
Target= $3.29
Walmart= $3.27
Superdrug also sells it in a 30ml travel size, for £1.20

I have included U.K and US prices because a lot of LipGloss & CandyFloss readers are from the US. As you can see the price in the U.K ranges from £3 to £4.29, which is usually the price from face scrubs or washes.

Product Review: St.Ives Apricot Scrub, Blemish Fighting

When I first picked up the bottle I read that it is for my skin type, 'oily/blemish prone skin'. But the three main reasons why I bought this scrub (other than the fact that I had tried and loved their facial wipes) 
  • Oil free. which means I won't be adding oil to my already oily skin.
  • 100% natural exfoliants. I always try to use as much proucts with natural ingredients because I know that it's not too harsh on my skin.
  • Salicylic acid. This helps fight spots and blemishes on my skin. 



As far as i know the scrub it self is from the seed of the apricot; that it really cleans every pore! Trust me this is a deepest cleansing scrub I've used. But don't worry! It cleanses and lifts away excess oil without stripping your skin or leaving it dry. 

They say to use it three to four times a week, I've been using it Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. But some days I wake up and my skin doesn't need the scrub or I feel one of my other face washes would be better for my skin that day.

Overall I love this product and so does my skin! I highly recommend this to any one with oily or teenage skin, as I had helped my skin to control the oils on my T zone and clean my pores to pervent blackhead/ spots.




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.:-)
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I read your recant posts and enjoyed them :) and followed on BlogLovin to keep up to date.
      Hannah

      Delete